Friday, February 17, 2012

Trick oh trick!

So I wanna share with you some infos, here's why: I found out that somebody (or should we call him a douchebag) changed my mac password and I can't download everything and if i'm not careful enough, I can't even log in to my own account!!
So I feel like helping those who are experiencing the same thing as me. I know it sucks, but don't worry there's always a method! I don't know if this is considered as hacking but hope it helps.

Method 1.
- Restart your macbook
- Hold shift + command + s until your screen's fully black and filled with courier words, it's called the terminal
- Type -> Mount -uw / (press enter) (and it'll automatically type in idk-whats-that-either stuff, dont worry)
- Type in -> Launchctl load/ system/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.opendirectoryd.plist (press enter)
- Type in -> dscl
- Type in -> Passwd Local/Default/Users/putyourusernamehere yournewpasswordhere
- Type in -> exit
- Type in -> exit

ps. capital letters matters! do exactly as what its told.
and bam! you're back

Method 2 (for os x lion only)
- Restart your mac
- Hold command + R
- Go to utilities on the very top of the bar
- Terminal
- type "ResetPassword"
- Quit reset password from menu bar (the very top one)
- Quit the mac osc utilities & restart!

Yaynesssss...

I may sound like a tech freak here but you'll need it one day.

source  : google here and there.

xx,
denissahady

1 comment:

  1. Great sharing of a trick! This is really helpfull. Such a great blog! Take a look at mine and if you want we can follow each others.
    http://fashionf0rlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete