Looking at myself in the mirror, there's always something I hate about my look. Sometimes its my single lid eyes, sometimes its my flabby arms, sometimes its my hair, sometimes its my fat thighs. Reflecting on what I've been thinking, maybe it's the social point of view. I should blame tumblr and disney princesses stories for making us believe since we're young that pretty girls have skinny legs, pretty girls are blonde or caucasian, pretty girls have tattoos. Maybe, we don't have to be a hundred pound and below to look gorgeous, maybe we don't need to have long wavy hair to be pretty, maybe we don't need to wear expensive clothes to be popular. We human have flaws. I'm not trying to be wise here, neither am I trying to give the impression that I know the right thing, but for me, it's the confidence we're needing. I have "confident-lacking" problem since I was young. I
was am too afraid to do things. I'm too afraid to do things alone. I'm afraid of what others think of me. I'm afraid of regretting. I'm afraid of being laughed at
(gelatophobia). I'm afraid of losing what I have now. So, if you're facing the same trouble as me, I'm telling you now, you're beautiful. Lets be deaf, as in deaf for others feedback about your flaws. Let them say whatever they like. I'm sure someone is going to love you for who you are.
Beauty always promises, but never gives anything.
-Simone Weil
xx,
denissahady
No comments:
Post a Comment